We recently just had my son baptized and then had everyone over for lunch. Here are a couple of pictures from the celebration.
These cupcakes were inspired by my friends mom who made these DELICIOUS cupcakes for her Royal Wedding watching party. Since I used a lot of brown to decorate I decided to try the chocolate and strawberry cupcake recipe from Tidy Mom.
Another dish that everyone seemed to enjoy was my Watermelon Summer Salad. I adapted it from a couple of different recipes that I had. Here is my version:
Watermelon Summer Salad
- 3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted black olive halves
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor of the raw onion. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, black olives, onions with the lime juice, and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend.