As Cinco de Mayo approaches, here is a wonderful drink to make that will quench everyone’s thirst! Aguas frescas are fresh fruit drinks that are very popular all over Mexico. These refreshing beverages are typically served from large barrel-shaped glass containers. Some of the more traditional varieties are watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberry.
This would display from Matt Bites would be a great way to serve agua fresca at a party.
Here is a great Minted Lemon-Lime Watermelon Agua Fresca recipe to try.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 12 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine 1 1/4 cups water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 30 seconds or until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in mint, lime rind, and lemon rind. Let stand 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl; discard solids.
- Place one-third each of sugar syrup and watermelon in blender; process until smooth. Pour puree into a large pitcher. Repeat the procedure twice with remaining sugar syrup and watermelon. Stir in lime and lemon juice. Serve over ice, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir before serving.
Recipe from My Recipes