One of the best things about a big holiday meal is the end of the big meal and a delicious dessert! Last week, I asked my Facebook followers if they preferred apple or pumpkin desserts and the outcome was split down the middle. So for all the apple lovers out there, I am sharing this tasty Caramel Apple Trifle.
- 1 5⅛-oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 21-oz can apple pie filling
- 1 10¾-ounce frozen pound cake, thawed
- ½ cup caramel topping
- ¼ cup broken Heath bar pieces or toffee bits
- 1 16-oz whipped topping
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Cut the apple pie filling and mix into pudding.
- Cut pound cake into small pieces.
- Place half of the cake cubes in bottom of a trifle dish. If you are using individual containers place a few cubes in bottom of each dish.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with Heath bar pieces
- Spread pudding mixture on top.
- If using a trifle dish, spread half of the whipped topping on pudding.
- Repeat layers
- Drizzle caramel topping and Heath bar pieces on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.