When I was given the chance to review a cookbook about butter, I naturally jumped at the opportunity because who can pass down butter! Flavored Butters by Lucy Vaserfirer is a great book that delivers top notch butter recipes that will melt in your mouth. She shares recipes for flavored butters that can be used as garnished, dips or basic spreads.
Being the chocolate lover that I am, I had to try the whipped chocolate butter. It was absolutely delicious! I put mine on a bagel for breakfast and I’m going to let me kids try it this weekend on pancakes and waffles. This would also be great on cupcakes, toast or even as a fruit dip.
Here is the recipe for you to try: (recipe from Flavored Butters)
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped, or ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over a sauce pan of simmering water, stirring frequently. Let cool slightly.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and beat until blended. Add the chocolate and continue to beat until smooth, stopping the mixer once or twice to scrape down the sides of bowl.
- To use as a buttercream frosting, spread onto cooled baked goods.
Now here is your chance to win a copy of this book! Simply follow these steps:
* I received free product with the possibility of review. I do not promise positive reviews in exchange for product. No further compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.