When I have a vision, I usually do everything I can to make it happen and luckily I have a great husband and dad that helped me with this one! For my daughter’s Rainbow Pool Party, I thought that having a rainbow balloon arch would be perfect to tie these two themes together.
This is a project that is great for so many different types of parties! You can use this for a party entrance, over a dessert table or as a party back drop.
Here are some easy instructions to make a balloon arch.
Stand – wood, metal, buckets with Plaster of Paris, or I used two metal outdoor umbrella bases
- 1. Cut the PVC pipe to the appropriate length for your arch. You may need to attach to pieces together depending on the height of the arch.
- 2. Place the PVC pipe in your stand where you are going to use it.
- 3. Inflate your balloons with helium or air. We just used air. Tip – Don’t blow up the balloons too early because they will pop or deflate.
- 4. Tie the ends of two balloons together and then repeat this with two more balloons.
- 5. Take one set of balloons and twist it around the other set of balloons to form a cluster of four balloons.
- 6. Attach the cluster of balloons on the PVC pipe by wrapping two balloons in the cluster around the arch by wrapping two balloons in the cluster around the pipe.
- 7. Continue this process with the appropriate colors to make your arch. We did the colors of the rainbow but you could alternate colors, use a variety of colors or just stick with one color.