Kids are easy to please, but it doesn’t mean you don’t have to make their birthdays more special. If your child’s special day is approaching, consider picking out a theme for their celebration. Here’s an A-Z list of kid-friendly themes that you may want to consider, including links for some party supplies:
1. Arts and Crafts Party
Do you prefer a hands-on theme? Does the celebrant love to paint, draw, color, or make crafts? You can host a fun-filled, activity-packed arts and crafts party! You have to make it fun and colorful for this theme, starting from your decorations to the food. Serve colorful cupcakes, cake pops, and cookies, and offer a rainbow cake. Consider desserts that fit your specific theme. A cake decorated to look like a paint pallet or a cake decorated like a tide dye is a couple of fun menu items for this kind of party. Since the guests will be busy, provide lots of finger food and snacks, and schedule a meal before or after the crafts are complete.
Set up different art stations for various activities: painting, stained glass painting, drawing, coloring, scrapbooking, stencil art, rubber stamping, paper crafts, jewelry making, mask making, seasonal art projects, or – it’s up to you how many stations you want to have. If there are very young children, it helps to change activities every 15 to 20 minutes. Allow your guests to take home their creations as a party favor.
- 13 Pieces Art Party Supplies Includes Art Birthday Banner
- Art Party Supply Pack
- Little Artist Painter Paint Art Party Favors Pack
- Acrylic Paint Set
- Art Party Supplies – Paint Palette Paper Dessert Plates and Artist Brush Beverage Napkins
2. Avengers Heroes Party
It seems like everyone is a fan of the Avengers during the past years, and kids love them for their awesomeness. Let your celebrant and guests join the planet’s mightiest heroes on an incredible Marvel Avenger’s party! This party theme is super easy to pull off – thanks to readily available party supplies that feature the faces and elements that make up the trademarks of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, Black Widow, Black Panther, and more. Ask guests to dress up in full costume or in casual wear featuring the Avengers, but you can always provide the superhero masks and cape so everyone can feel like equals. For the food, you can serve marshmallows and pretzel hammers, round sugar cookies decorated as Captain America’s shield, pizza designed with the colors of Iron Man’s face, and Hulk Pudding cups (green-colored vanilla pudding) topped with smashed Oreos.
- Marvel Avengers Party Supplies and Decorations for Superhero Birthday Party
- 24PCS Superhero Party Masks & Slap Bracelet for Kids
- Superhero Birthday Party Decorations Kids Birthday Party Supplies Superhero Balloons
- Wilton Marvel Avengers Treat Stand
- 24 PCS Superhero Party Bags Goodie Bags
3. Baseball Party
Is your little one a baseball lover? There’s no better way to celebrate their birthday than with a game of baseball in the backyard. But make it special by decorating the venue with baseball-themed items. Set up a concessions stand filled with hotdogs, burgers, French fries, popcorn, and corndogs. Set out disposable plates, cups, and napkins featuring baseball prints. Decorate the party area with baseball balloons and banners. Serve vanilla-frosted cupcakes and dress them up to look like baseballs using red licorice. Opt for sport-friendly options for your treats like cut-up oranges and granola bars. Then, plan a successful game of baseball, like Little League. Pack up some treats on the guests’ way home on baseball-themed goodie bags.
- Baseball Party Supplies Set
- 24 Packs Baseball Goodie Candy Treat Bags
- Baseball Party Supplies Baseball Plates Set
- Zonon Baseball Banner Baseball
- durony 12 Pieces 18 inches Baseball Balloons
4. Circus Party
A circus party is a fantastic theme for both boys and girls. Make your child’s birthday the greatest show on earth. To set up this party, you don’t need to rent an actual tent. You can create the atmosphere of a circus show with bunches of red balloons and festive red and white striped garland that recalls the stripes of a circus tent. Hang decorations like cutouts of trapeze artists and round paper garlands. Let the kids nibble on circus snacks like freshly-popped popcorn on red and white striped popcorn boxes and meals like hotdogs and hamburgers with all the fixings. Top the cake with circus animals and frost the cupcakes to look like clowns. You may also want to serve ice cream in cones, candy apples, and cotton candy. Then, instead of giving out candies as a party favor, give out boxes of animal crackers, which is a healthier option.
- RUBFAC 170ft 120pcs Red and White Striped Pennant Banner Flags String Triangle Bunting Flags
- NICROLANDEE Circus Party Decorations Supplies Red and White Paper Lanterns Old-Fashioned for Circus Décor
- Beistle 2 Piece Printed Durable Cardstock Paper Striped Circus Tent Cupcake Stands
- Fun Express – Trapeze Artist Ceiling Décor
- Barnum’s Original Animal Crackers
5. Cowboy Party
If your child is a fan of the Wild West, give this amazing party theme a shot. A pair of classic cowboy boots and hat, plaid patterns, boot-shaped cookies, and games involving horseshoes are all you need to bring this theme home. It’s a classic for boy’s parties, but there’s no reason for girls not to pick this theme as well. Dress up the celebrant in cowboy boots, hats, jeans, and plaid top, and have guests come dressed for the rodeo. You may also prefer to pass out hats and bandanas when they arrive. Decorate the party like it’s a Western saloon with horse balloons, sheriff badges, “Wanted” photo frame, and cactus elements.
- JOYIN Toy Pack of 12 Childs Straw Cowboy Hats with Cowboy Bandannas
- Allenjoy 7x5ft Western Cowboy Backdrop for Portrait Photography Pictures
- Unique Rodeo Western Party Bundle
- 8 Pieces 30 Inches Horse Balloon Horse
- 4 Pack Bandana Western Theme Plastic Table Cover
6. Dinosaur Party
With a dinosaur-themed party, you can be as factual or as fictional as you wish. On your front door, you can have a standing T-rex dinosaur inflatable to welcome all the guests. Let the kids play some pin the tail on the dinosaur game. With this theme, have fun with labels for your foods. You can serve a watermelon carved to look like a dinosaur’s head, pretzel sticks as dino bones, Bugles chips as dinosaur nails, and snickerdoodles with dinosaur footprints as dino tracks. A dinosaur-themed cake is simple – just bake a chocolate cake, top it with crushed chocolate chip cookies and candy rocks, then top it with a great dinosaur toy to make it amazing.
- JOYIN 30” T-Rex Dinosaur Inflatable
- Beistle Pin The Tail On The Dinosaur Game
- 115pc Dinosaur Party Supplies
- Dinosaur Party Bundle
- Blue Panda Dinosour Drawstring Party Favor Bags for Kids
7. Ice Cream Party
When in doubt, this party theme featuring everybody’s favorite frozen sweet treat is always a great idea. This is a fun and colorful party theme that is light-hearted and super exciting for the kids! You can never go wrong with a pastel-everything color scheme for this party. Go all out and build an ice cream bar with different flavors and different toppings that your guests are sure to enjoy. Serve some ice cream-shaped cookies, cake pops, chocolates, and more. You can DIY some ice cream hangings using pastel-colored balloons and pieces of Kraft paper shaped like a cone, or use ice cream honeycombs.
- UTOPP Ice Cream Party Balloons Arch Garland
- Aooba Van Cake Stand, Ice Cream Truck Decorations
- Hanging Ice Cream Honeycombs for Parties
- Ice Cream Bar Decorations Kit
- WERNNSAI Ice Cream Plates and Napkins
8. Mermaid Party
Ariel herself would give up her voice to attend a party with this fantastic theme. Mermaid parties often come in a purple and teal color scheme, as inspired by Ariel. Usually, it plays with blues, pinks, and light greens as well, but it’s up to you. Since most little girls aspire to be mythical creatures like the mermaid, this will be the perfect party theme for a wonderful child. Decorate your party area with balloon garlands and some more decorations in the shape of a mermaid tail, jellyfish, and seashells. Top your cupcakes with mermaid tails, and use mermaid sprinkles for decorating your desserts. Skip the plain paper plates and use seashell-shaped ones with scalloped edges. Give out mermaid tail coin purses or seashell necklaces as a party favor.
- RUBFAC Mermaid Balloon Garland Kit
- Mermaid Birthday Party Decorations for Girls
- 4 pcs/set Jelly Fish Paper Lanterns Kit
- Mermaid Cake Stand
- Mermaid Seashell Paper Plates
9. Nautical Party
For the little adventurer in your life, a nautical-themed party will spark their imagination and give them a boatload of fun. With this theme, let your little one’s imagination set sail. If you are blessed with a backyard pool or a neighborhood pool, you can make it a swim party! But even if you are land-locked, you can still give your party an air of the high seas by decorating the party area with ship wheels, anchors, lifebuoy rings, boats, nets, and sailor hats. Opt for a palette of navy blue and white, with touches of red and lots of stripes. String up a garland of nautical-style flags, and use seashells to add to the fun atmosphere. You don’t have to serve fancy lobster rolls and mini shrimp cocktails for the food – keep it kid-friendly and still sea-worthy by serving tuna fish sandwiches, fish sticks, and cookies decorated like a fish. Serve mac and cheese made from pasta shells, and serve goldfish crackers for snacking. You may also opt to have a dress-up area where kids can pretend to be sailors!
- Big Dot of Happiness Ahoy – Nautical Party Decorations
- Amscan Anchors Aweigh Party Pennant Banner
- Nautical Anchor Party Supplies Set
- Bilipala Decorative Fish Netting
- 12Pcs Ship Sailing Boat Theme Cake Topper
10. Paris Glam Party
For a budding fashionista, a Parisian-themed party is all about glamor and style. It’s the ideal party for girls who like to dress up and be pretty. For this theme, your color scheme would be pink, black, and white. Use a damask pattern on your invitation and in your DIY banner. Have guests come all dressed up, or provide a dress-up station with tutus, dresses, fancy hair accessories, beret hats, pearls, and makeup. Then, set up a backdrop featuring the Eiffel Tower where kids can take their pics. Any decorative item that is pink and has an Eiffel Tower in it can be used for this party. Do not forget to serve pink French macarons – the perfect dessert for this event. Give off fashionable items as a party favor, such as a charm bracelet.
- Paris Tapestry Backdrop Paris Wall Art
- 12Pcs Paris Honeycombs Centerpieces Party in Paris Party Supplies
- Parisian Party Bundle
- Sumind 36 Pieces Paris Balloons Day in Paris Balloons
- Perfectly Paris Charm Bracelets
11. Pirate Party
There seem to be lots of sweet treats and treasures to be found at this party. After welcoming them, let the kids dress up like pirates by providing some eye patches and skull caps. Have the little kids go on a treasure hunt by following a map and lead them to a treasure chest piñata full of chocolate coins, chocolate gold nuggets, and gems. Serve some “Caribbean Sea” party punch (any blue-colored punch will do!) and some shark and skull-shaped sandwiches. Have treasure chest-shaped boxes full of loot ready for your partygoers to take home.
- Pirate Skull Party Supplies for Kids Birthday
- Super Z Outlet Black Felt Pirate Captain Eye Patches
- Pirate Treasure Chest Piñata
- Adorox 12 Pack Pirate Treasure Chest Decoration Party Favor Goodie Candy Box
- Joyin Toy 288 Pieces Pirate Gold Coins and Pirate Gems Jewelry Playset Pack Party Favor
12. Posh Princess Party
For a child who’s all about the class and glam, a posh princess party is the perfect elegant and entertaining event. It’s the usual pink princess theme but upgraded to make it more elegant, which an older kid might prefer. To make it posh, keep your color scheme to light and muted pinks, golds, rose gold, and keep the sparkles. Use a sparkly carriage decoration as a centerpiece for your table. Dress up your guests in racks of princess costumes, pamper them with a hair and nail spa, and hand out tiaras or crowns as a party favor. Once they’re all glammed up, they will be ready for dinner and dessert that’s fit for a princess or prince. Don’t forget the macarons and finger sandwiches that a lady would love.
- Posh Party Rose Gold Party Decorations
- Rose Gold Crown Tiara Cake Topper
- Princess Dress Up Crowns and Tiaras
- Rose Gold Birthday Party Supplies
- Craft and Party Cinderella Carriage Centerpiece
13. Race Car Party
Fuel the fun all day with this theme. If the celebrant is obsessed with race cars, this party will just get him up and running. Lay down a race car mat on the entryway to your front door to get up guests racing for the party! Decorate with toy race cars as centerpieces for your tables, black and white checkered banners all over the place, and a “pit” stop sign at your dessert table. Serve chocolate donut “spare tires” and cupcakes topped with race car cutouts. Frame the dessert table with a balloon garland consisting of red, yellow, black, and white colors. Give out toy cars as a party favor, or better yet, a toy car filled with candies. If the celebrant loves Disney Pixar’s Cars, then build a race car party out of that theme, and don’t forget to put Lightning McQueen on top of the birthday cake!
- Decorlife Race Car Birthday Party Supplies
- 127 Pieces Red Black Yellow Latex Balloons Checker Flag Balloon Garland Kit
- Piokio 100ft Black and White Checkered Flag Banner Racing Birthday Decorations
- Sweet Racer Pull Back Action Candy Filled Cars
- Racetrack Floor Running Racer Party Decoration Mat
14. Rainbow Party
We never get tired of the rainbows. It’s always one of the choices in children’s party themes because of its predictable colors, reassuring us that there’s something good at its end. Rainbows have been filling the skies in kids’ drawings ever since crayons were created. Rainbow-themed parties are generally vibrant affairs, but use a more muted palette of chic pastels if you prefer a modern version. Food for this party is not a hard thing to decide on – simply serve colorful varieties of food. The great thing about this is besides lots of candy; you can serve healthy treats because healthy foods are colorful! Don’t forget to serve a pot of chocolate gold at the dessert table.
- Rainbow Party Pack with Dinnerware, Tablecloth, Banner
- Rainbow Unicorn Party Backdrop with 50Pcs Balloons
- 100Pcs Rainbow Party Balloon Garland & Arch Kit
- 24 Pieces Kraft Paper Party Favor Gift Bags
- Rainbow Fringe Table Skirt
15. Sleepover Pajama Party
For a fun and casual party, host a sleepover! Ask guests to come in their cute pajamas or have cute matching sets ready for them. Make sure you got eye masks as well, and let them take them home as a party favor. Choose a color scheme to go with this them and use garlands, banners, and pompoms to dress up the sleeping area. Serve a stack of donuts to serve as a cake, and use cake toppers or candles to decorate. Provide an array of easy and yummy treats. Popcorn and candy are always a welcomed treat for this theme. Then, provide the party guests with a toiletry kit to use for the sleepover. Prepare a lineup of movies to watch, or provide mani/pedi or spa sets for a fun activity with the girls before bedtime.
- Eye Mask Sleep Masks Pack of 36
- PAJAMA PARTY Decorations
- Spa Birthday Party Supplies
- 24ft Glitter Gold Twinkle Stars Crescent Paper Garlands
- URATOT 84 Pieces Spa Party Supplies Multiple Spa Party Favors
16. Transportation Party
If your little one is fascinated by things that go, a transportation-themed party is a step in the right direction. Planes, trucks, cars, buses, ships, trains, boats, road signs, and traffic lights – these elements would bring this party to life. Take inspiration from the three colors of the traffic light as your main color scheme, and feel free to incorporate vibrant colors like blue, purple, and orange. Add a strip of road track or train tracks on your entryway, and decorate with some orange traffic cones. Use real toys as a centerpiece for your tables.
- Mity rain Transportation Birthday Party Supplies Kit
- Transportation Party Supplies Set for 24 Guests
- Ticiaga 10pcs Transportation Cardboard Cut
- 24 Packs Transportation Goodie Candy Treat Bags
- Ercadio 30 Pack Transportation Cupcake Toppers
17. Under the Sea Party
Discover the fun in the deep blue sea with this aquatic theme. Decorate the walls with netting, and pin photos of the celebrant growing up throughout the years. Make a blue balloon garland that looks like water bubbles, and hang inflatable sea creatures or jellyfish hangings. Hang bubble garlands and sea animal decals on the photo wall. Add some sea animal honeycomb centerpiece decorations on every table, too! Let kids have fun with a game of dolphin ring toss and set up a sand art station so that everyone can take home a piece of the beach with them. For your food, you can serve some cut-up mini hotdogs shaped like a squid, croissants with two eyes on a toothpick to look like a crab, fish-shaped bread dipped in hummus, and sour cream dip in little boat-shaped bowls with a large tortilla chip standing on top to look like a boat.
- 12 Pieces Sea Animal Honeycomb Centerpiece Under the Sea Party Decorations
- 4 Strings Flat Under the Sea Blue Bubble Garlands
- 160PCS Ocean Animals Birthday Party Decoration Blue Sea Balloons Garland Kit
- 102 Piece Under The Sea Party Supplies Set
- Boley Sand Art Kits for Kids
- Fun Express Inflatable Dolphin Ring Toss Game Set
18. Woodland Party
If your child loves nature and woodland creatures, this party theme is a fine choice. Create a rustic dessert table and decorate it with nature-inspired colors and outdoorsy-themed desserts. Use wood logs to serve cupcakes and the cake. Make some tree cupcakes by decorating chocolate cupcakes with green icing as grass, then poke a pretzel stick at the middle and top it with marshmallows covered in green frosting to serve as the leaves of the tree. Or you can simply use woodland cupcake wrappers and emulate the look of woodland creatures. Make it feel like you’re enjoying a party in the woods. Include woodland animals like squirrels, foxes, deer, bears, elk, owls, and raccoons in your décor theme.