Little kids, and even grown-ups, love the whimsical and cute vibe that Hello Kitty gives off. Kids love Hello Kitty toys and clothing, while some adults love Hello Kitty-themed appliances and accessories for their homes and cars. Since the fictional feline was born in the ’70s, it has charmed its way to the hearts of little girls until today’s generation. Even if you’ve never seen the cartoon show, you or someone you know has probably been enamored by the cuteness of Hello Kitty.
If you want to throw a Hello Kitty-themed party for someone, here are suggestions on how to throw one:
All the fun with the theme starts with an invitation you send to your guests. Create Hello Kitty-themed invitations to build the excitement before your big date!
You can DIY the invitations by printing Hello Kitty images and pasting them on cardstock that will serve as your invitation. Write out or print out event details on the back. If you can hand-deliver them, tie them up with red or pink ribbons around each envelope. Don’t hesitate to decorate it with glitter glue, sequins, and other decorative items!
But if you want the easy route, you can simply buy invitations or cards online and simply write out your party information on the blanks! Here are some invitations you can use:
- Hallmark Signature Hello Kitty Blank Card
- Hello Kitty Cartoon Invitations Cards Postcard Style for Kids Birthday Party
- Hello Kitty Party Invitations Cards Postcard Style for Kids
- amscan Hello Kitty Rainbow Party Time Deluxe Jumbo Postcard Party Invitation
- amscan Hello Kitty Glitter Party Invitation Card
- Hallmark Hello Kitty Blank Cards
Hello Kitty is a cute, whimsical character, so your party décor should reflect that. Start by using the classic Hello Kitty colors: pink, white, reds, black, and light pastels like yellows, blues, and purples. Of course, metallic accents like gold, rose gold, and silver won’t hurt if you like to modernize it or make it fit for a party for a grown-up.
1. Hello Kitty party decorations
You can buy party decoration sets that come with banners, balloons, tablecloths, and other decorative items. Use balloons and streamers in these colors to fit your theme. Here are some decorative items that you can buy for the party:
- Nelton Kitty Party Supplies
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies and Decoration Set
- Hello Kitty Happy Birthday Balloons
- Hello Kitty Birthday Balloon Set
- Large Hello Kitty Foil Balloon
- Hello Kitty Latex Balloons
- Pink Latex Balloon Set
- Pink Gradient Confetti Balloon Set
- Hello Kitty Balloon Rainbow Waterproof Tablecover
- Rose Gold Foil Tablecloth
- Classic Pink Plastic Tablecloth
- Pink Balloon Garland Kit
- Light Pink Polka Dot Plastic Tablecloth
- Pink Dot Confetti Plastic Tablecloth
- Rose Gold Glitter Sequin Table Runner
- Pink Satin Table Runner
- Hot Pink Sequin Table Runner
- Light Pink Sequin Table Runner
- Hello Kitty Swirls
- Pink, Gold, and White Decoration Set
- Paper Tassel Garland
- Wool Pompom Garland
- Felt Pompom Garland
Let your plates double as decorations for your party. Here are some plates and sets you can buy online:
- SANRIO Hello Kitty Sweet Party Plates and Napkins
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies Bundle Pack for 16 Guests
- Hello Kitty 2-Section Divided Birthday Party 9” Lunch Paper Plates
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies Pack
- Hello Kitty Party Supplies Bundle
Flowers make great centerpieces for table decorations. Put together bouquets of pink and white flowers, and accent the vase with ribbons.
4. Hello Kitty toys
You can use a Hello Kitty toy as a focal point on your dessert table and tie a bouquet of balloons to it. The celebrant probably owns a few Hello Kitty toys already so that you can use them as decorations.
5. Photo Backdrop
Inflate a Hello Kitty air walker balloon for a fun photo op, and make sure to have a nice background that corresponds to the theme. You may want to use foil curtains, pre-made Hello Kitty backdrops, balloon arch or garlands, or polka-dotted pink fabric.
Food and Drinks
This is where you’ll have all the fun! Hello Kitty-themed foods will be so cute that guests would surely love to take photos before gobbling them all up! Here are some food and drink ideas for this party theme:
1. Hello Kitty cake
No birthday party is complete without a cake. With this theme, here are some ideas for your birthday cake:
- Cake shaped like Hello Kitty’s face – Use a Hello Kitty cake pan to mold the entire cake, and decorate it however you want. White buttercream frosting looks great, but white fondant works well, too, if you want a smooth surface.
- Any cake – Buy or have a cake baked to your liking and top it with this black, glittery Hello Kitty birthday cake topper. Any cake will fit the theme as long as you got that cake topper.
- Cake with Hello Kitty’s face – Buy any plain-decorated vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate cake, then top it with Hello Kitty’s face. Pair it with these dainty cake toppers placed on the side of the cake.
- White or pink cake – Bake a vanilla cake, a cherry chip cake, strawberry cake, or any cake flavor that comes in white or pink color. Decorate it with flowers, or top it with white chocolate drip-style icing, or a naked cake icing, then top it with this pink Hello Kitty birthday cake topper.
- Mousse cake – For a more grown-up approach, bake or buy chocolate mousse cake or tiramisu cake, then use these Hello Kitty stencils to decorate the top part with powdered sugar. The stencil will help you draw Hello Kitty’s face on top of the cocoa powder or chocolate icing! If you decide to have a mousse cake but the topmost part is made of white chocolate mousse, use cocoa powder instead to decorate.
2. Hello Kitty sandwiches or burgers
Make some burgers, sandwiches, or toast using bread shaped like Hello Kitty. It’s great for luncheon and brunch parties!
3. Hello Kitty pizza
Using Hello Kitty cookie cutters, shape your mini pizza crust like the beloved character! Top it with cheese first, then bake it halfway through. Then, put eyes and whiskers cut out from black olives, and make a hair bow out of pepperoni. Put it back in the oven, and once it’s done, top it with cheese slice noses.
4. Hello Kitty mold cookies
Bake snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, or any type of cookie you like and mold them in the shape of Hello Kitty characters. It’s the easiest route to themed cookies for the event, and you can even decide to give them off as party favors! Simply put a couple inside these cookie bags to give off to guests.
5. Hello Kitty sugar cookies
6. Vanilla cupcakes with bow
Make pink bow candies using pink or red candy melts and bow molds, then put them on top of vanilla cupcakes with white frosting. Serve them in Hello Kitty muffin cups, or in pink polka dot baking cups.
7. DIY Hello Kitty cupcakes
Bake some cupcakes in the flavor you like and top it with smooth white buttercream frosting. Add triangle pieces of wafers for the kitty’s ears. Cut up some bows from strawberry fruit rolls, then use chocolate chips for the kitty’s eyes and pina colada jelly beans for the nose. Slice up black licorice to make whiskers you can put on the sides.
8. Hello Kitty lollipops
Mold some hard candy or chocolate candy in the shape of Hello Kitty elements with this lollipop mold.
9. Pink lemonade
Keep the guests busy and entertained with fun activities, such as:
1. UNO card game
Hello Kitty lovers will love this twist on the classic UNO card game. This Hello Kitty-themed UNO card game will be a perfect addition to your party fun with guests!
2. Bracelet making
3. Jumbo coloring books
Thank your guests for coming by sending them off with themed favors. Here are some Hello Kitty party favors that can be enjoyed by toddlers to kids to teens to adults!
- Stickers, coloring book, and crayon set
- Coloring packs, stickers, ice packs, and bookmarks set
- Bracelets, brushes, spinner tops, heart rings, puzzle watches, and tracer ruler set
- Coloring book and sticker set
- Sticker sheets
- Mini bubbles
- Red and pink pencils
- Rainbow pencils
- Hair clips for kids
- Face-shaped hair pins
- Ribbon-shaped hair pins
- Bow headbands
- Notepad and pen set
- Candy tins
- Ring pops
- Makeup pouch
- Lip balm
- Spa headband
- Air freshener