Angelina Ballerina is a little mouse who hopes to become a prima ballerina. This character is based on the books by Katharine Holabird and Helen Craig, and it became popular as a TV series for children. Girls who watch this show may like it so much that they are inspired to be a ballerina.
If your girl loves Angelina Ballerina, her next birthday is a chance to bring the fictional character to life! A ballet party theme is gorgeous and adorable, and it’s an easy dress-up theme for your guests as well. If you need ideas for throwing an Angelina Ballerina party, here they are:
Ask guests to come in a tutu skirt.
Ask everyone to stick to the theme and join in their ballerina costume, or at least a tutu skirt. You can provide them if you want and have the girls play dress up. You may also opt to let the kids take the tutu skirt home so they can feel like a ballerina even at home.
Make it a tea party.
A classic approach to a ballerina party is to turn it into a tea party. Since guests are already dressed up as proper ladies, it’s just fitting to add finesse by serving high tea and finger sandwiches. Just like in one of Angelina Ballerina books, a tea party would be enjoyed by the guests.
Any dainty tea set would be enough for use in your Angelina Ballerina tea party, as long as other decorations adhere to your theme. But if you want to stick to the ballet theme, you can use a ballerina tea set.
Make it a slumber party.
Here’s another idea: let the girls twirl until they drop! Let your celebrant invite her closest friends over and have an Angelina Ballerina slumber party, just like in the book. Have a dance party in ballet costumes, serve pizza and burgers for dinner, then lay down some sleeping bags for bedtime. You can also set up a playhouse castle tent and let the kids’ imaginations run wild.
You may want to add another activity for the party, like manicure or spa or jewelry making. Kids would enjoy and get busy with these.
Decorate with pink, white, and lots of tulle.
Decorating for an Angelina Ballerina party – or any ballet party for that matter – can be fun and easy. The rule is to keep it pretty with pastel pink and white, then add lots of tulle for added drama. Touches of lace would also add an elegant touch.
Stage the scene.
Decorate your dessert table with a tulle table skirt. You can opt for some simple tulle, curly skirting or a ruffled one. Don’t forget to put at least one Angelina Ballerina plush doll on any table for display.
Set up a gorgeous dessert table.
A special occasion calls for the prettiest and finest treats for the prima ballerina. The dessert table would be the centerpiece of your occasion, and the little guests would flock to it to see what’s in store. Here are some ideas on what to serve on the display table:
- Cake – Cakes are a must for every party, especially birthdays! For a cake fitting for the theme, you can choose any flavor as long as the exterior is pink and you decorate it with Angelina Ballerina- or ballet-related elements. You can have a pink ruffled cake, a pink rose cake, or a pink fondant cake topped with an Angelina Ballerina figurine.
- Cupcakes – Same goes with cupcakes. Cupcakes topped with pink buttercream frosting is the way to go. You can just add ballerina cupcake toppers or get creative and decorate it with the face of Angelina, the mouse.
- Cookies – To keep your dessert table fitting for the theme, serving some beautifully decorated sugar cookies are the way to go. Bake some sugar cookies and decorate them with ballet shoes, ballet dresses, flowers, tutu skirts, little ballerinas, and of course, Angelina the mouse.
- Macarons – Macarons are technically cookies, but they look dainty and pretty, which makes it great to serve at a ballet-themed party. Make a macaron tower out of pink and white macarons, and top it with pink roses as an accent.
- Candies – Serve pink and white candies like marshmallows and gummies on beautiful apothecary jars. Then, decorate the jars with pink lace or some tulle details.
Use ballerina party tableware.
Add a touch of elegance and whimsy by using ballerina-themed tableware. Choosing disposable tableware makes it easier for you to clean up after the party since you’ll be dealing with kids. These are some pretty ballerina-themed tableware you can use for your Angelina Ballerina party:
- LaVenty 33 PCS Ballerina Birthday Party Supplies
- Blue Orchards Ballet Party Supplies Packs
- Lobyn Value Packs Ballerina Party Supplies
- Creative Converting Ballet Birthday Party Supplies Kit
- Ballerina Ballet Party Supplies Tableware Set
Send them home with pretty party favors.
Party favors can serve as gorgeous finishing touches to the decorations you already have, and the guests would be excited to go home with them. You can bake your specialty cupcake or muffin and place them in cupcake tutus and put them in cupcake boxes. You can also make your own DIY candy favors and place them in those boxes.
Here are other things you can use and give for your party favors:
- Big Dot of Happiness Tutu Cute Ballerina – Square Favor Gift Boxes
- Big Dot of Happiness Tutu Cute Ballerina – Treat Box Party Favors
- Big Dot of Happiness Tutu Cute Ballerina – Candy Bar Wrapper
- Ballerina Party Supplies Ballet Party Favor Bags
- Big Dot of Happiness Tutu Cute Ballerina Popcorn Treat Boxes
- Princess Crown Comb Mini Tiara Hair Clips
- 6 PCS Glitter Princess Wand Kit
- 12pcs Ballerina Dancer Keychains