Here is the ultimate cupcake to make for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. They are green velvet cupcakes with Irish whiskey cream cheese frosting and a built-in chocolate cup filled with green beer.
How to Make the Ultimate St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Yield: About 15 cupcakes
- 2 1/2 C cake flour
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 1 C buttermilk
- 2 T (1 oz.) green food coloring
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t white distilled vinegar
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until cupcake bounces back when touched.
2. Fill the Cupcakes with the Chocolate Liqueur Cups
3. Frost With Irish Whiskey Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 C powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 T Irish whiskey
- Mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Mix in whiskey.
4. Fill the Liqueur Cups With Green Beer
(Recipe courtesy of Cupcake Project)