I have a weakness for chocolate! It’s not even a weakness…it’s an obession because if there is chocolate in my house then I can promise you that it won’t be there for long! One of my favorite desserts to make is Molten Chocolate Cake. Everyone always loves when I make these for events and there is an ingredient that no one ever seems to guess what it is….WINE! I add a little red wine to these cakes to give them just a little extra flavor.
These would be a great dessert to make for you Valentine dinner.
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½cup (1 stick) butter
- 1½ tbsp. red wine
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Butter 4 (6 oz.) custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in wine, vanilla, and sugar until blended. Whisk in eggs and yolks. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon evenly into prepared dishes.
- Bake in preheated 425° F oven 15 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Loosen edges with knife. Invert onto serving plates. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar if desired.