Wouldn’t this be a great drink to serve at a bridal shower, a baby shower or a garden party!!!
Adapted from Go Catering
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 3½ cups water
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring sugar to dissolve. Set aside.
2. Put the cubed watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth, about 20 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. You should have about 2 cups of strained watermelon juice.
3. Mix the sugar syrup with 3 cups cold water and the lemon juice. Stir well.
4. Fill glasses with ice, add about 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice and then top off with lemonade. Stir gently before serving.
Recipe found from Food 52