Getting traditional buttercream cakes for every special occasion, such as an anniversary or birthday, may appear rather boring. But, thanks to the cake revolutions that occur regularly in the industry, we can enjoy some out-of-the-box and exotic cakes.
Currently, the cake that is most likely on everyone’s mind is a superhero cake. Taking fictitious characters from our favorite comic books, cartoons, movies, and other sources and laying them as cake frosting appears to be a heart-warming idea. Each of these popular superheroes has captivated our hearts, from having mythical abilities to saving the world and having to fight their enemies, coming together in and as a superhero cake.
Fans of these heroes enjoy commemorating their special days with them, which gave rise to the concept of cakes such as a batman photo cake, superman caricature cake, and many other creative cake ideas. Here are a few cool cake designs of DC superheroes who have dominated pop culture and reigned since their debut.
Superman Sheet Birthday Cakes
Superman sheet cake is a popular trend, and many people order these cakes in sheets for their loved ones. The cake with super symbols, the buttercream superhero Superman figure, and, of course, the very symbolic S in the diamond demonstrating Superman’s power will no doubt impress the celebrant and become a top party attraction for them. They will never forget the happiness and love they felt while cutting the special superman cake.
Personalized Superman Birthday Cakes
Cakes are the most important component of a wonderful and complete birthday celebration. Cakes with encouraging wishes, personalized statements, and special writing can brighten their day and show them how much they are valued. You can also personalize Superman cakes with names and lovely birthday greetings.
View this post on Instagram
A superhero with bat wings close to every kid’s heart has been reigning for over 70 years. While little boys adored Batman’s fierce nature, little girls adored Robert Pattison’s charm as and in Batman. As a result, a Batman cake is ideal for a child’s birthday party.
Superman 3D Birthday Cake
People are now attempting to make their celebrations more vibrant and realistic, and technology has aided them in this endeavor. Latest models and designs are created to depict amazing things, and bakers and confectioners make the best usage of 3D technology by creating amazing 3D Birthday cakes.
You’ll feel great when you display a fantastic 3D cake sculpture of Superman on a birthday center table. Consider the delight of the celebrant, who’ll be completely captivated by the sight of their favorite superhero in front of them. Amaze others with these incredible superman fondant cakes and make their memories last a lifetime.
Wonder Woman Cake
Who says only men can be admirable superheroes? If you thought that, you were a complete gender-biased person because Wonder Woman’s here to convince you otherwise. Since a woman took over as the world leader, it has been a better place.
Wonder Woman has told every little girl who has been told by society to be sweetly submissive that they are stronger than they believe and have greater powers than they realize. Over a Wonder Woman-themed cake, convince your little girl that she’s capable of being or doing anything she desires.
The Flash Cake
The Flash is one of the older superheroes, but he is not and will never be forgotten. A forensic scientist swept the world by storm after achieving great speed. There is a cake dedicated to every The Flash die-hard fan for their devotion to the fastest man alive.
Superhero Comic Book Cake
View this post on Instagram
This Superhero comic book cake packs a powerful punch! This birthday cake is perfect for crime fighters of all ages, as it is decorated with fun DC comic callouts and adorned with a cape (a must-have for every superhero).
Superman Cake Recipe
We’re here to help you with this simple Superman birthday cake that the birthday celebrant will adore! This impressive bake may appear intimidating, but this step-by-step guide will show you how to make a Superman cake that will amaze your child and their friends.
- two sheet cake tins 33 cm x 23 cm (9″ x 13″)
- a stand mixer or whisk
- a rolling pin
For the Cake
- 710 g all-purpose flour
- 600 g caster sugar
- 450 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 480 ml milk
- 8 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
To Make the Buttercream Icing
- 200 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 680 g cream cheese
- 360 g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Ready-to-roll fondant in yellow, blue, and red
View this post on Instagram
- Preheat your gas or electric oven to 180 °C/350 °F. In the center of the oven, place an oven rack. Grease your cake pans with softened butter or margarine. You could also place the baking paper for added protection.
- Begin by mixing and whisking your baking powder, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cream the caster sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl with a stand mixer or electric whisk on medium-high speed until fluffy and light. This should take between 3-5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs into your sugar and butter mixture one at a time. Add one-third of the dry ingredients on low speed, followed by half of the milk. Continue alternating and mixing until you’ve added everything.
- Evenly divide the batter between two pans. Bake the cakes for approximately 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick or knife into the cakes’ center to see if they are done: they must come out clean before you remove them from the oven. Place your cakes on a rack for cooling (at least 15 minutes) after they come out of the oven.
- While the cakes cool, make your frosting: beat the butter with an electric mixer or whisk until it’s light and fluffy. Whisk in your icing sugar until the mixture turns fluffy. Gradually stir in the vanilla extract and cream cheese. Continue beating until everything is well combined.
- It’s time to put together your Superman cake! When your cakes are cool enough to handle, remove them from the pans and flatten the tops using a bread knife. Add a layer of icing to one of the cakes, then sandwich the other one on top.
- You now have two options for decorating your Superman birthday cake: carve your cakes into a diamond pattern (like the superhero’s logo) or leave them as rectangles. In both cases, add a layer of frosting around and on top of your Superman cake before rolling out the blue fondant icing thinly and gently putting it atop the frosting. Smooth the fondant using your hands and trim any excess with a pizza cutter or a knife.